So much for plans – I had taken this picture intending to use it for my Totally Autumn FO post – and then forgot about it – I was going for something like the picture on the pattern page on Knitty. You know, to be creative and all that – I didn’t want to waste it so you get another picture of the throw!
The reason I forgot the picture was because there were pictures of kids bikes in between this picture and all the other throw pictures. We cleaned out the garage last week (after procrastinating it for two years) and we gave the bikes away on Craigslist. The kids hadn’t used them in years, and I was happy to give them to someone who would use them again. We also finally got rid of the beach toys we’ve had since the kids were young – it was sort of sad, though, and I really had to force myself to put them in the garbage. But the garage is beautiful and we don’t have crickets in it – we had so many that we were chasing them out constantly while cleaning. It is still weird to go into the garage and not be greeted by all the cricket singing – sort of lonely now….
I don’t have any other knitting for you – unless you want to see a dishcloth. I haven’t done much this week – I did get to the sixth repeat on the shawl, but I haven’t touched it in days. I’m losing my knitting mojo – or perhaps I just misplaced it for a few days. I’m hoping to get back into it this weekend – no big plans so plenty of knitting time.
I wore a shawl to work yesterday – it was chilly in the morning and on the way home, and the shawl was perfect. I was very pleased to get a compliment on it too! I also wore another shawl out to dinner last night – it was so nice to finally be able to use them!
Stephanie and Lorraine very nicely gave me blog awards in the last couple of weeks….thanks! I think its so nice to get these – its always nice to realize people read my ramblings! I thought that I’d give you a mix of blogs that I love, and some new ones I’ve found to pass on the awards (I’m not going to do the full count – I have an early appointment that I need to get ready for, so just a couple this time)…(oh, and this really doesn’t reflect all the blogs I read – I hate picking out just a few – so here is my blogroll – check it out – so many great blogs!)
- Culinary Creations by Peabody – I know, not a knitting blog – but I really enjoy this blog, and she has a bunny that is so cute!
- Shut up and Knit – Cookie is too funny, and makes the most beautiful things!
- Knitter Bunny – bunnies, beautiful yarn, beautiful knitting, bunnies!
- Akamai Knitter – I think I always list Opal – she does beautiful knitting and now gorgeous spinning. Always inspires me!
- Knit 2 Par 3 – had to sneak in a golfing related blog! She’s always interesting and funny
- Dropstitchknitter – Chris always knits up beautiful things…and she’d hit me if I didn’t include her!
- Tante J – gorgeous knitting! And she lives in NJ!
- Pioneer Woman Cooks – I had to sneak this one in – she is really funny – and really good recipes!
OK, I’d love to list more – really – but I have to get ready, or I’ll be leaving in my pj’s. And I don’t think that would be a good idea.
Have a great weekend!