UFO August is working very well for me….not only did I finish the first chevron sock this weekend, I finished something else too…
I made two slight modifications to the pattern – first I made the bottom in the small size, but increased after the ribbing in the middle to the medium size. The pattern also called for ribbing around the neckline and armholes – I’m sure it would have been really cute – but I didn’t have enough yarn to do that.
I think it turned out very well. Definitely looks better after being blocked – the lace pattern needs it. I think it suits Cieara – and I think it fits her! She seems pleased with it – although she said it made her hot and that maybe she’d wear it when it gets cooler. I hope that she wears it this summer.
I liked the yarn – nice basic cotton blend. And the pattern was good – I think this is a talented designer, and I hope she publishes more.
Now I’m working on the Maple Leaves Scarf – I really hope to finish it in the next week or so. I had to frog an entire sock back – it was the second Opal sock and it was just too small. I’ve known that it was considerably smaller than the first, but just kept on going. I was so irritated that I had to frog it completely (I was past the heel and halfway to the toe!) that I asked Larry to do it. Grr! I hate when I delude myself!
Have a good Monday!