I finished the socks this week – actually, I finished them Friday morning. I really do like Mountain Colors Bearfoot yarn – beautiful colors, and I just really like the feel of the yarn.
Yarn: Mountain Colors Bearfoot, Meadow
Pattern: Bluebell Rib, Sensational Knitted Socks
Needles: US 2 DPNs
This is a very good pattern for mindless knitting – interesting, and yet – after the first pass you don’t need a pattern.
So I took Ariann to knitting group today and let Chris take a look at it. As I suspected – I was doing it wrong – I was not decreasing correctly along the raglan, so it was actually never decreasing. Sigh. Laurie was nice enough to rip it all back to where I attached the sleeves….but I couldn’t watch. She also caught a dropped stitch on one of the sleeves…so I guess its good that I screwed it up. So now I’m back to square one! Good thing I like the pattern and the yarn!
I joined the Knitters Treat Exchange….its been a while since I’ve done an exchange, and I really like one time ones, so it seemed perfect. I think they are accepting participants until the end of the month, so check it out!
I have to post my questionnaire:
1. What’s your favourite type of yarn?
Hmmm….I like almost anything, but my favorite is probably hand-dyed sock yarn.
2. What’s your least favourite type of yarn?
I don’t like novelty yarn.
3. What’s the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?
I walk around once fairly quickly and check out everything and then I go back and do it again slowly.
4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do?
I spin. I’d like to weave, but I just don’t have time for another craft right now.
5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?
I get Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting, and Cast On.
6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:
Knitting / Food / Home /Garden/ Fashion / Other Craft/Crochet /Celebrity Gossip /
7. What items do you like to knit / crochet?
I like to knit socks, sweaters, shawls….anything!
8. Are you allergic to anything?
9. What do you like to* smell of?
Um, I suppose I like to smell like ….um….I don’t know how to answer this. I guess I like to smell clean? 🙂
(*This is not a typo. The question is: What do you like to smell of)
10. What’s your favourite way to relax?
11. You’re stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first?
Probably the sweetshop!
12. What do you come out with?
Hand made Chocolates
13. Where do you go next?
Either the tea room or the bakery….
14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?
Just to relax and have fun!