All it took was a weekend – I feel so much better now! A bit of relaxing with knitting friends, a bit of relaxing with my husband, a bit of shopping (got my holiday shopping done!), and a lot of knitting. I didn’t think about work, or any of the things I probably should get done, and just sort of enjoyed things. And I felt so much better this morning. Had an insanely busy day at work, but that’s ok. One down, four to go.
So Saturday, we had our knitting group holiday party, and I had a really good time. The party was a lot of fun – lots of knitting, laughing – and no dysfunctional family member so how can you beat that?
We did a grab bag, and I got beautiful laceweight from Chris. Its Italian, and so soft and beautiful. I can’t wait to make something with it. She also gave me a beautiful shawl pin (her own design of course!). Thanks, Chris!
After the party, I can home and took a two hour nap – I’m sure that helped my mood adjustment. After my nap, I started working on the Zen Green socks – and realized that I misread the pattern. It is a 8 row pattern (repeating row 1 and 2 several times). I made it into a 4 row pattern – so I frogged it back to the ribbing and started again…and I think its coming along nicely! I really love this yarn.
I was tagged with a meme by Carrie (and Cindy tagged me with it a few days ago) – I’ve seen this meme and I was resistant because I just couldn’t think of 6 weird things about myself. OK, if you know me you are probably now thinking “um, I can think of 600 weird things”…but its always hard to come up with something weird that you want to share on the ‘net….but here goes (and I asked Larry and he gave me two- what a jerk!):
1) I tend to think in catastrophic terms (like that big word? Got it from a therapist recently who told me this about myself – who knew?). I always think the absolute worse about everything. If I have a headache, its a tumor. If I get a cold, its probably pneumonia. If I hear sirens, one of the driving kids is in an accident. If Larry is home late, accident. I try not to be like this, but always am. So if I’m supposed to meet you somewhere, don’t be late!
2) I’m not all that religious (but was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school for 12 years – obviously a waste of money for my parents). I believe in God to some degree, but tend to think of him as being like “Q” on StarTrek (come on, click the link – Q is my favorite character!). An omnipotent being who just plays around with humans. Yes, I know – I probably just offended half of you.
3) Although I can’t wait for the weekend to sleep in, I usually get up really early to knit. And then I complain about it on my blog. But I do it every weekend (both the getting up early – and complaining!)
4) My first name is actually Jeanne-Marie, but I’ve never been called that.
5) I don’t really worry about retirement because I’m convinced I’m going to die before I actually need money to live on when I’m of that age. Wow – isn’t this a sunshine/lollipops one? And won’t it be a kick in the ass when I live to 100!
6) I don’t regret my first marriage, and if I had my life to live over, I’d do it again exactly the same way. In fact, I don’t have a lot of regrets in general. I really believe that you are what you lived through, so I wouldn’t be at this point in my life and be who I am if I hadn’t gone through everything I’ve gone through. And I got Dan and Andrew out of it so I wouldn’t change a thing.
Is that weird enough? OK, part of this is I have to tag people too….so I’m going to tag Chris, Laurie, Terri, Lobstah, and Opal (it was hard finding people that haven’t done this already!). Of course, if you haven’t done this and want to – go for it! Its sort of fun reading this meme.
OK, off to watch House and knit the shawl (yep – started up again and up to repeat 19!)