We got home tonight from our week in the Outer Banks, NC. We had a wonderful time…a few good beach days, and a lot of fun with the kids. I have so much to tell, but I’m tired so I thought I’d do just a few highlights, and then will fill in the details tomorrow (or this week):
- I found a wonderful yarn shop there – Knitting Addiction. I can’t say enough about this shop – I spent a wee bit there, and will post pictures and details. But amazing store. If you go there, definitely check it out. I want to live in it. Wonderful yarn, and wonderful people that work there. Really – go. Go to the Outer Banks just for this store. I want to drive there again just to go (and it took us 11 hours so that is saying a lot!)
- I bought amazing yarn on vacation…..really!
- I checked out a second store – I will have to find that name. It was sort of bleh. I did buy some Euroflax there, but it really was sort of a bleh kind of store.
- I got my July skein from my One Skein Pal – nice! Will post pictures and a better thank you!
- I did get some knitting done on vacation – not as much as I would have liked since I was down to the toe on my second sock and realized that I never decreased from the gusset – so I had a huge sock. Larry tried it on and said it was ok, but it was really big – so I frogged it. I knit most of the way home (when I wasn’t driving) and I’m halfway to the toe – grrr!
The Outer Banks is just so beautiful, and we had a great time…but I have to admit – I was really glad to get home tonight. I checked email – 112 – and mostly junk mail. I’m dreading checking work email on Monday – I’ve been off for two weeks so I think I’m going to have a hard re-entry!
Oh, one more thing. I did something totally out of character for me while on vacation, and probably something over the top. I’ll post more and pictures of course! But I think its really cool (but you may think I’m pretty odd!)
Some vacation pics….
Some friends on the beach
View from the Corolla light house
And how nice is this – this was what we saw about 5 minutes from home….a nice way to welcome us back!